Monday, February 3, 2020

Week #77: ¡Los actos chiquitos de servicio!

Hola Hola!! What's up whats up! Man it was a good week! First week with my new companion, Elder Holder, and he is one heck of a guy. One of a kind actually!! Hahah!! The people love him here and I love him too hahah!! 

I don't have much time today actually, because we are traveling down to the capital tonight for a conference, but I wanted to write about an experience I had about an hour ago. So we just came from our Argentina area, and we just made it to a city in Uruguay, and in a few hours we will be traveling to Montevideo. While we were buying our bus tickets in Argentina, we were behind an older couple and I heard them trying to speak English to the lady behind the window. Maybe it doesn't sound too crazy to you guys, but I think thats only like the 3rd time I've heard that on my mission. The couple clearly didn't speak very much spanish and they were having a tough time with the lady, so my companion and I piped up behind them and said "do you guys speak english?"...Man I've never seen anyone so excited to see me before!! :) They couldn't believe there was someone else there that spoke english hahaha!! We were able to help them buy their tickets to Uruguay as well and then we got to talk to them for a minute. They are from Michigan and are here backpacking all over South America! They were so nice and grateful we were able to help them. The husband said he had talked to missionaries like us one time in Michigan, but clearly he didn't continue talking to them. They were curious what we were doing here and we quickly explained that we are missionaries and we're here for 2 years to talk to people about Christ. 

We didn't get a chance to talk to them very much at all, but it was an awesome experience to help some people and maybe even plant a seed for them, so that one day in the future they might hear the gospel. I like to think that one day 2 missionaries will knock on their door back in Michigan and the couple will tell them about the time two missionaries in Uruguay saved their lives!! Maybe it'll help the couple be more receptive to the missionaries, but with whatever happens, we were super happy we could help them and get to explain to them who we are! 

There are people all around us that we can help. If we take a minute out of our day to help them, we can soften hearts and change the course of their lives. It always seems like something so small and insignificant, but our acts of service always bless other peoples lives more than we will ever know! Love everyone and love those that despise you even that much more! Have a great week!

Brax was pretty excited they found a bowling alley today on Pday!